Honours and Awards
- Lentin-Gunnery Biology Prize – Cathedral School, Bombay,1970
- Centenary Scholarship – Elphinstone College, Bombay, 1972
- First Rank at the final M.B.B.S. Examination for the best overall performance, 1978 – BOMBAY UNIVERSITY
- First Rank – in Surgery with the only distinction in the subject at the final M.B.B.S. examination, 1978 – BOMBAY UNIVERSITY
- First Rank – in Gynaecology& Obstetrics with the only distinction in the subject at the final M.B.B.S. examination, 1978 – BOMBAY UNIVERSITY
- The ChatrubhujJekhete Gold Medal & Prize at the final M.C.P.S. examinationfor the best overall performance, 1978 – COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS, BOMBAY.
- The Bombay University Merit Scholarship, 1979-80
- The Bombay University Merit Scholarship, 1980-81
- The Bombay University Merit Scholarship, 1981-82
- The A.C. Talwalkar Prize for the best paper read at the Western Indian Orthopaedic Conference of 1981 on “The Results of Bilateral Harrington Rod Fixation in Fractures of the Dorso-Lumbar Spine with Neurological Deficit”.
- First Rank at the M.S. (Orth), Final Examination for the best overall performance in Orthopaedics& Traumatology 1982 – UNIVERSITY OF BOMBAY.
- The International Graduate Fellowship Award of the Rotary International 1982 for a Fellowship at the Institute of Orthopaedics, Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedics Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, U.K.
- Hand and Microsurgical Fellowship – 1983 at the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary and Associated Hospitals, Derby, U.K.
- The Stanley Johnson Microsurgical Fellowship Award, January 1984 to June 1984 at the Northwick Park Hospital and Clinical Research Centre, Harrow, Middlesex, U.K.
- Award of the Stanley Johnson Fellowship for the period July 1984 to December 1984.
- The Norman Roberts Medal /Prize for performance at the M.Ch. Orth. Examinations of 1985. – LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY, U.K.
- Listed in the “Marquis Who’s Who In The World”, 1998 – till date.
- Listed in the “Marquis Who’s Who In The World”, 1999 – 16th Edition.
- Listed in the “Asia/Pacific– Who’s Who” volume 1999
- On the Editorial Board of “ATHERO-THROMBOSIS UPDATE” – Publication by M/s. Pharmacia UpJohn.
- Listed in the “Marquis Who’s Who In The World”, 2000 – 17th Edition [Millennium Edition].
- On the Advisory Board of Editors for “Archives of Orthopaedics” Journal since September 2001.
- On the Advisory Board of “The Journal of American Medical Association [JAMA] – the Indian Edition since February 2002.
- On the Advisory Board of the ‘Muscle & Bone Journal’ since July ‘02.
- On the INDIA VTE FORUM – Advisory Board of SanoffiSynthelabo [I) Limited.
- On the Editorial Board for the Delhi Journal of Orthopedics.
- On the Editorial Board panel of the Athero-thrombosis Journal
- Founder Member of the VETERN Group (Venous Thrombo-Embolism Research Network).
- Current Vice President and Founder Trustee of ISHK Society (Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons.
- Honorary Member for Rotary Club of Bombay Queen City,Mumbai 2007-2008.
- Chairman of the AO India Council – Education and Community Development.
- Part of Veteran Group for DVT Research.